Friday, November 12

Study Week Semester July 2010 aka 90th post

to study something, it is very hard to do.

i mean face it, in my school days, i find it hard to cope with add maths and Bahasa Arab Tinggi(BAT). i always failed in these two subjects. to say that i didnt study these two subjects is preposterous. i did study. however the problem lies in the justification on why must i study these subjects.

to be honest, i dont see any reasoning behind the add maths and BAT being taught to every student. me, for example, i dont want to take engineering or anything and i dont want to go to the middle east to further my studies, hence, why must i learn these subjects? when i asked my teachers said that we will be using it, it is confirmed that we will use it later in my life etc. that is not the point, the point is until now, i still failed to see the reasoning behind me being forced to study these two subjects for two years.

now, the interesting part is, in university, i failed to find any subject that is of a matter not using it later. i mean, all the subjects, have the possibilities of usage in my working years. hence, i really do feel like studying those subjects cause i know that these subjects are not just merely a quota that i must fill in.

well, that has never made my grades any better, but anyhow, the questions of why must we learn this stuff never occurred in my university days. although to be honest, there are sometimes where i do feel like cursing those hard technical subjects and that particular questions really do fill in the mind space.

what matters now is that i must stay focused and determined to try my best, cause even if i failed, i knew that i have give my best and i am content with it.

hence, the struggle begins.

til then bloggie, i got some lecture notes to attend to~~ :D

unless we recognize that the wealth of many employees consists of their education and skills, these valuable assets will not be protected as well as traditional forms of property - Charles A. Reich.

No comments:

Post a Comment

anything to say?